FORMAT FOR VERIFYING AFFIDAVIT
IN THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT
IN THE [INSERT JURISDICTION] JUDICIAL DIVISION
HOLDEN AT [COURT LOCATION]
I, [Name of the Deponent], [Female/Male], [Adult], [Christian/Muslim],
[Profession/Position] Nigerian citizen [or applicable nationality] of [Address ofDeponent], do hereby asseverate as follows:
1. That the facts deposed to in this Affidavit are derived from information within my personal knowledge.
2. That I have the authority to depose to this Affidavit
3. That I am desirous of purchasing the following assets: [•],[•] and [•] advertised/put up for sale by the National Drug Law EnforcementAgency (“NDLEA”) (the “Asset”).
4. That I confirm that the funds for the acquisition of the Asset have been sourced from [a facility granted by [•] Bank Plc., my retained earnings, and other legitimate activities] and are not proceeds of any drug related offences, fraud, money laundering, economic or financial crimes or any other tainted sources.
5. That furthermore, I can confirm that I have been fulfilling my tax obligations under all the relevant laws and statues and have not been investigated in connection with any case of drug related offences, fraud, money laundering or other economic and financial crime in the last five years.
6. That I have not been declared bankrupt/insolvent nor made any arrangement or compromise with creditors in the last [•] years. I am a person of legitimate and verifiable means of income who has not been found guilty by any court of law in Nigeria or elsewhere for any offence relating to dishonesty, money laundering, terrorism, fraud or other economic and financial crimes.
7. That save as disclosed in this affidavit, I have neither concealed nor disguised the origin of the funds sought to be used for the purchase of the Asset in respect of which this Affidavit is made.
8. That I depose to this Affidavit in good faith, conscientiously believing same to be true, correct, complete, and accurate and in accordance with the Oaths Act, CAP. O1, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
SWORN at the Federal High Court Registry,
This______ day of_________________, [•]
COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS