This is NDLEA’s main organ that executes drug law enforcement activities such as surveillance,
search, raids, arrests and interdiction of drug shipments.
The directorate’s responsibilities include:
- Investigation of cases
- Interrogation of suspects, including deportees.
- Custody of exhibits and detainees.
- Analysis of suspected illicit substances.
- Monitoring movement of persons and goods at entry/exit points into the country and other designated locations.
- Preparation of case files, in liaison with prosecution and intelligence directorates.